Improvement of medical treatment and preventive practice by the academic staff of clinical departments due to the European and World levels and standards is the strategic direction of the Department of Clinical Affairs of TSMU.
The tasks of the Department of Clinical Affairs are:
- Implementation of state programs on medical treatment and preventive practice;
- Control over the implementation of resolutions of the Board of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, preparation of reports for the Ministry of Health of Ukraine;
- Coordination of activities between the university administration and the Department of Health Care of Ternopil Regional State Administration and the Department of Health Care and Medical Support of Ternopil City Council;
- Cooperation with the health care facilities of the regional, city and district departments;
- Coordination of activities between the university administration and the head doctors of health care facilities of the city and region;
- Making connections and building relationships with educational research and other institutions, organizations, enterprises, along with foreign ones, to increase the competence of the University in medical treatment and preventive practice;
- Introduction of innovative research technologies and developments into the medical treatment and preventive process;
- Recertification of academic staff of clinical departments for doctor’s qualification rank.
- Performing of continuing medical education and professional development of academic staff;
- Extensive use of means for improvement of administration, progressive contractual and labour discipline, financial situation of the university on clinical affairs;
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of clinical care of the academic staff of clinical departments;
- Problem analysis and resolution (in case of their presence) between the administration of hospitals and the heads of clinical departments of the medical university;
- Arrangement and control over providing consultative assistance and medical care for students and employees by the university experts on a state funded and self-supporting basis.
- Arrangement and carrying out of preventive examinations of students and employees of TSMU;
- Arrangement and control over functioning of Ternopil University Hospital.
- Arrangement of educational and training centres of primary health care in rural areas of Ternopil region.